- Electronics control free moving electrons; Ex: if silver had 47 protons and 45 electrons the 2 free electrons are controlled by electronics.
- Electronics is the science of designing or building electronic circuits to solve a particular problem.
- Electronic circuits consist of electronic components connected together.
- The electronic theory is: Atoms are the basic building blocks of matter. Atoms [atomos] means indivisible.
- Protons-positive charge
- Lesson 7
- A light bulb has 2 leads an electric current goes though one then though a resistor then back though the other one
- Ohms law described the relationship between
Power-ability to do work (watts) ( w )
Voltage-electric pressure (volts) ( v )
Current- amount of electricity (amps) ( a )
Resistance-resists current flow (ohms) ( o )
A=V/O O=V/A V=A(O) W=V(A)
- Lesson 8
- Resistors-resisting electrons; Conductor or insulator?
- Materials resistance determined by Thicker |
-diameter 6 ohms \|/
3 ohms 6 ohms __________________
Ex: ______ ____________ __________________
2ft 4ft 6ft
- Lesson 9
- Capacitor rapidly discharges energy; electrons move from the negative to the bottom plate, electrons move from the positive to the top plate
- 3 types of capacitors are electrolytic, ceramic and resin
- Flash photograph works by a photo flash capacitor supplies a quick surge of energy to the flash tube
- When no more electrons can be taken from the top or added to the bottom it makes the capacitor charged
- The capacitance changes if the surface area, the conducting plates or the insulator does